activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Why broker urls of client updated by networked broker appear to be hosname-form intsead of IP address?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:18:04 GMT

On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:51 AM, SuoNayi wrote:

> Hi all, two brokers are networked in both direction and confige the broker to be able
to update the broker url of clients and enable to rebalance the clients.

> when broker of network comes and goes, clients receive the updated url of brokers.but
the urls are in form of hostname not IP, this is not reasonable because

> clients have to be configed to resolve the hostname of broker. Does anyone can give any
idea?

It sounds fairly reasonable to me to advertise the hostnames and not the IP addresses. Most
networks have DNS setup correctly so that this is not a problem. However it could be a useful
enhancement to configure this mechanism so that IP addresses are advertised instead.
I don't think this is currently configurable. You may want to raise an Improvement.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com