activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Why messages forwarded by the other broker is not dispatched to the consumer ?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:35:20 GMT
That sounds strange indeed.

Assuming you're testing with only one consumer, messages will only travel to broker B (after
broker A's restart) if there is a consumer registered for this destination on broker B. That
should have been the consumer that failed over.

Does restarting the consumer (and have it reconnect to broker B) make it get the msgs?
Do you set any special msgs headers or configuration for the destination in question?

I have tested this kind of failover scenario a few times and have never noticed any problems.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

On Oct 13, 2011, at 5:34 AM, SuoNayi wrote:

> Hi all, I have two broker A and B, they are networked in both direction.
>
> one consumer  connect to one of them.
>
> After stopping broker A , the consumer  failover to  conntect to broker B and messages
saved on broker A will be forworded to broker B when broker A comes back.

> But the consumer  connect to broker B get none messages consumed and I can see the pending
messages on web console of Broker B.