activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject Reply:Re:Re:Re: Why does consumer has a lower performance comparing with producer?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:23:30 GMT
I have tested the performance of the consumer before some days, it 's not possible consumer
is slower than producer so much.
you can try to set messagelistener for  consumer instead of  using  the  synchronous method
consumer.receive().

At 2011-10-20 16:49:18,lzr <jswqne@163.com> wrote:
>Yes, I run the both consumer and producer in Eclipse. When the sent done, start consumer
to receive the messages from queue.

>At 2011-10-20 16:20:09,lzr <jswqne@163.com> wrote:
>>Yes, its are persistent messages.
>>As these messages in a huge transaction, without compression property set the broker
will run out of memory.

>>At 2011-10-20 15:42:28,"Torsten Mielke" <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:
>>>Are these persistent messages?
>>>
>>>From my own performance tests I know that enqueuing a persistent message takes
longer than dequeuing it, which is the opposite behavior from what you're seeing. Persistent
msgs need to be persisted to the brokers store.

>>>Do you encounter the same behavior when turning off compression?
>>>Are producer/broker/consumer on the same machine?
>>>Also, I presume there are no transactions used?
>>>

>>>Torsten Mielke
>>>torsten@fusesource.com
>>>tmielke@blogspot.com

10000 messages produced and consumed for each exchange. For better performance I used jms.useCompression
in my connection and it did work well:
(Just received, no process to message).