activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject Reply:Re: Why broker urls of client updated by networked broker appear to be hosname-form intsead of IP address?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:49:21 GMT
ThanksTorsten !
When I deploy the brokers on the windows os, I get the hostname instead of ip address.
After that I deploy the two brokers on the linux server and make sure hosts file has no mapping,
I get the ip address this time.
Is there any difference to get the url of the broker?
And more,I found the rebalance feature  doesnot work well:
When the client specifies the url like this:
failover:(tcp://broker-a:61616,tcp://broker-b:61616)
the two brokers come and go but no rebalance appears.
Change the url as following:
failover:(tcp://broker-a:61616)
the clients may be rebalanced but when broker b comes and goes.
if broker a go down clients which connect to broker a will not be able failover to broker
b.
what's wrong?

At 2011-10-14 17:18:04,"Torsten Mielke" <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:

>On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:51 AM, SuoNayi wrote:
>
>> Hi all, two brokers are networked in both direction and confige the broker to be
able to update the broker url of clients and enable to rebalance the clients.

>> when broker of network comes and goes, clients receive the updated url of brokers.but
the urls are in form of hostname not IP, this is not reasonable because

>> clients have to be configed to resolve the hostname of broker. Does anyone can give
any idea?

>It sounds fairly reasonable to me to advertise the hostnames and not the IP addresses.
Most networks have DNS setup correctly so that this is not a problem. However it could be
a useful enhancement to configure this mechanism so that IP addresses are advertised instead.