activemq-users mailing list archives

From lzr <jsw...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re:Reply:Re:Re:Re: Why does consumer has a lower performance comparing with producer?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 01:49:29 GMT
I've tested consume the messages without the jms.useCompression in the connection:
Producer took 55 seconds (5 seconds to send them with jms.useCompression=true) to send all
the 10000 messages.
Consumer used 80 seconds to receive all the 10000messages.
The consumer performance is same as before. It seemed that this parameter didn't affect the
message receiving.

At 2011-10-21 08:38:50,lzr <jswqne@163.com> wrote:
>Have you ever test the performance of the "consumer.receive"?
>

>At 2011-10-20 17:23:30,SuoNayi <suonayi2006@163.com> wrote:
>>I have tested the performance of the consumer before some days, it 's not possible
consumer is slower than producer so much.
>>you can try to set messagelistener for  consumer instead of  using  the  synchronous
method consumer.receive().

>>At 2011-10-20 16:49:18,lzr <jswqne@163.com> wrote:
>>>Yes, I run the both consumer and producer in Eclipse. When the sent done, start
consumer to receive the messages from queue.

the broker will run out of memory.

takes longer than dequeuing it, which is the opposite behavior from what you're seeing. Persistent
msgs need to be persisted to the brokers store.

per message, 10000 messages produced and consumed for each exchange. For better performance
I used jms.useCompression in my connection and it did work well:
from queue (Just received, no process to message).