activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Enabling JDBC Master/Slave (Was RE: Shared directory Master/Slave - How do I tell?)
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:18:16 GMT
Hello Shaun,

There is no need to manually copy activemq-jdbc.xml to activemq.xml. You can tell the broker
to load any configuration file, anywhere on the file system.
E.g. to load activemq-jdbc.xml simply start the broker as follows:

./activemq console xbean:file:../conf/activemq-jdbc.xml

See the ActiveMQ command line reference for description and further command line options:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-command-line-tools-reference.html

Regarding the error at startup, the log line you quoted is just an INFO log message. You did
not paste the full error.
Make sure the jdbc driver configuration in the broker config correctly points to your Oracle
DB instance, with regards to hostname and port.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

On Oct 6, 2011, at 9:10 PM, <shaun.t.erickson@accenture.com> <shaun.t.erickson@accenture.com>
wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>> I've now been asked to set it up in a JDBC Master Slave configuration,
>> pointing at an Oracle database. I see that configuring the activemq-jdbc.xml
>> file is easy and straightforward to do. What I don't see documented, is how
>> to put it into effect. To setup Shared Directory Master Slave, I edited the
>> persistenceAdapter found in activemq.xml. How do I tell AMQ that it should be
>> using the persistenceAdapter defined in activemq-jdbc.xml - simply comment out
>> the persistenceAdapter in activemq.xml?
>
> I configured activemq-jdbc.xml. Then I commented out the persistenceAdapter in activemq.xml.
This made it start up with a KahaDB. Next, I copied the persistence adapter configuration
from activemq-jdbc.xml to activemq.xml. That made it start and immediately fail with:

> 2011-10-06 14:56:48,312 | INFO  | Refreshing org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1@5e5a50:
startup date [Thu Oct 06 14:56:48 EDT 2011]; root of context hierarchy | org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1
| WrapperSimpleAppMain
>
> I'm guessing that this is because the bean configuration is still only in activemq-jdbc.xml
and it's not being seen.

> What is the proper way to configure the system to use the information from activemq-jdbc.xml?
The only thing I find in the documentation is how to configure activemq-jdbc.xml, but not
how to activate that configuration.