activemq-users mailing list archives

From lzr <jsw...@163.com>
Subject Re:Reply:Re: Why does consumer has a lower performance comparing with producer?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:45:53 GMT
I do set vmQueueCursor in my configuration file.

At 2011-10-20 16:13:57,SuoNayi <suonayi2006@163.com> wrote:
>With the performance of consumer, one of the important factors is which message cursor
you have chosen to apply, for better performance ,vmcursor  is suggested.

>At 2011-10-20 15:42:28,"Torsten Mielke" <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:
>>Are these persistent messages?
>>
>>From my own performance tests I know that enqueuing a persistent message takes longer
than dequeuing it, which is the opposite behavior from what you're seeing. Persistent msgs
need to be persisted to the brokers store.

>>Do you encounter the same behavior when turning off compression?
>>Are producer/broker/consumer on the same machine?
>>Also, I presume there are no transactions used?
>>

>>Torsten Mielke
>>torsten@fusesource.com
>>tmielke@blogspot.com
>>
>>On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:32 AM, lzr wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> In my cases, I produces and consumes messages with big data: 40K per message,
10000 messages produced and consumed for each exchange. For better performance I used jms.useCompression
in my connection and it did work well:
>>> 10000 messages sent in 5 seconds;
>>> But my consumer takes about 70 seconds to receive these messages from queue (Just
received, no process to message).