activemq-users mailing list archives

From lzr <jsw...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Why does consumer has a lower performance comparing with producer?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:20:09 GMT
Yes, its are persistent messages.
As these messages in a huge transaction, without compression property set the broker will
run out of memory.

At 2011-10-20 15:42:28,"Torsten Mielke" <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:
>Are these persistent messages?
>
>From my own performance tests I know that enqueuing a persistent message takes longer
than dequeuing it, which is the opposite behavior from what you're seeing. Persistent msgs
need to be persisted to the brokers store.

>Do you encounter the same behavior when turning off compression?
>Are producer/broker/consumer on the same machine?
>Also, I presume there are no transactions used?
>

>Torsten Mielke
>torsten@fusesource.com
>tmielke@blogspot.com
>
>On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:32 AM, lzr wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> In my cases, I produces and consumes messages with big data: 40K per message, 10000
messages produced and consumed for each exchange. For better performance I used jms.useCompression
in my connection and it did work well:
>> 10000 messages sent in 5 seconds;
>> But my consumer takes about 70 seconds to receive these messages from queue (Just
received, no process to message).