activemq-users mailing list archives

From lzr <jsw...@163.com>
Subject Re:Reply:Re:Re:Re: Why does consumer has a lower performance comparing with producer?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 00:38:50 GMT
Have you ever test the performance of the "consumer.receive"?

At 2011-10-20 17:23:30,SuoNayi <suonayi2006@163.com> wrote:
>I have tested the performance of the consumer before some days, it 's not possible consumer
is slower than producer so much.
>you can try to set messagelistener for  consumer instead of  using  the  synchronous method
consumer.receive().

>At 2011-10-20 16:49:18,lzr <jswqne@163.com> wrote:
>>Yes, I run the both consumer and producer in Eclipse. When the sent done, start consumer
to receive the messages from queue.

>>At 2011-10-20 16:20:09,lzr <jswqne@163.com> wrote:
>>>Yes, its are persistent messages.
>>>As these messages in a huge transaction, without compression property set the
broker will run out of memory.

longer than dequeuing it, which is the opposite behavior from what you're seeing. Persistent
msgs need to be persisted to the brokers store.

message, 10000 messages produced and consumed for each exchange. For better performance I
used jms.useCompression in my connection and it did work well:
queue (Just received, no process to message).