activemq-users mailing list archives

From mhandy <matthew.ha...@nasa.gov>
Subject Re: TraceBrokerPathPlugin
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:27:21 GMT
Hi Gary,

I have a block that goes like so:

const cms::BytesMessage *bytesMessage = dynamic_cast<const
cms::BytesMessage*>(cmsMessage);
std::vector<std::string> properties(bytesMessage->getPropertyNames());
for (std::vector<std::string>::iterator i = properties.begin(); i !=
properties.end(); ++i)
	LOG_VERBOSE << "\t" << *i;

to print out the list of properties, and it does not appear. Just for
jollies, I tried pulling the property out with:

std::string currentServer = bytesMessage->getStringProperty("SERVER_NAME");

and that throws an exception when the message does not have that property.
To confirm that I'm accessing the property correctly, I've tried to have my
publisher add a dummy value for SERVER_NAME. When publishing messages like
this, I can see in the ActiveMQ logs that the broker name is appended to the
dummy value, however the message that the subscriber receives only has that
dummy value populating the SERVER_NAME property.

Thanks