activemq-users mailing list archives

From JacobS <jacobhame...@gmail.com>
Subject Producer blocks on send method when not connected to broker
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:08:27 GMT
I am using ActiveMQ 5.5 and I have a MessageProducer that is sending messages
to a broker.
I set this Producers SendTimeout to 10000 (in the connectionFactory ) but
when the connection with the broker breaks the producer blocks on send
infinitely. This causes a growing memory leak in my application (which often
is not connected to a broker and messages are trying to be sent in a new
thread each time)
What an I doing wrong ?