activemq-users mailing list archives

From stratio <stra...@hotmail.it>
Subject Possible bug in AJAX amq.js
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:42:11 GMT
Hello, i'm using an ActiveMQ snapshot 5.6 version with Ajax client to consume
messages from a topic.

I was trying to have my client unsubscribed from the topic by calling the
amq.removeHandler('id') method as it said in the documentation:
http://activemq.apache.org/ajax.html

However after getting an error i watched at the amq.js code and I saw the
method doesn't exist instead there's a removeListener() method to perform
the unsubscribe task.

In addition to this documentation problem I tried to use this method but i
get a strange situation:

The polling of the client for new messages on the topic doesn't stop and
continues to go on even if there's no other topic or queue on which the
client is listening.

I think that in amq.js a counter could be inserted to track the number of
listeners so that when it reaches 0 value polling should stop.

Best regards.