activemq-users mailing list archives

From peterv <peter.va...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: limit to number of consumers registered
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:55:30 GMT
Thanks
So I've actually done this - I create 150 consumers up front - but I'm
finding I'm having the same problem as when I was dynamically creating
additional consumers. At one point I get into a situation where I have only
1 out of 150 consumers processing a message, yet there are hundreds of
messages in the queue.

My producer will send 5000 messages to the queue, and I can see that each of
my 150 consumers processes between 15-30 messages according to
DequeueCounter and DispatchedCounter in JMX once all the messages get
processed, but there are periods of time when very few consumers are
actually processing a message. What would cause this?!