activemq-users mailing list archives

From shoevarek <vaterm...@gmail.com>
Subject Wire format negotiation timeout
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 18:20:16 GMT
My application is using ActiveMQ to publish some events and send some error
messages to a queue for asynchronous processing. From time to time I am
getting Wire format negotiation timeout exceptions so I tried to set
maxInactivityDurationInitialDelay parameter within my connection string as
suggested by following article:
http://activemq.apache.org/javaxjmsjmsexception-wire-format-negociation-timeout-peer-did-not-send-his-wire-format.html

However, after doing so I received IllegalArgumentException caused by
invalid connect parameter. I am using ActiveMQ 4.1.2 and Geronimo 2.1.7 app
server.

I suspect I do something fundamentally wrong when defining my JMS resources.
I have created deployment plan for ActiveMQ resource adapter where I define
connection factory, queue and topic that is used by my application. I have
modified serverUrl property within the plan. I am new to ActiveMQ and
Geronimo so any help in identifying what I do wrong is appreciated. Thank
you in advance.

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.jms</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>activemq-mg-ra</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>car</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <resourceadapter-instance>
            <resourceadapter-name>ActiveMQ MG RA</resourceadapter-name>
            <config-property-setting
name="Password">manager</config-property-setting>
            <config-property-setting
name="UserName">system</config-property-setting>
            <config-property-setting
name="ServerUrl">tcp://localhost:61626?maxInactivityDurationInitalDelay=30000</config-property-setting>
            <nam:workmanager
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
                <nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-link>
            </nam:workmanager>
        </resourceadapter-instance>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>TmsConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

                    <connectionmanager>
                        <xa-transaction>
                            <transaction-caching/>
                        </xa-transaction>
                        <single-pool>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
    <adminobject>
        <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
        <adminobject-instance>
            <message-destination-name>ErrorQueue</message-destination-name>
            <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">ErrorQueue</config-property-setting>
        </adminobject-instance>
    </adminobject>
    <adminobject>
        <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Topic</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
        <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>ActivityEventsTopic</message-destination-name>
            <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">ActivityEventsTopic</config-property-setting>
        </adminobject-instance>
    </adminobject>
</connector>