activemq-users mailing list archives

From sanjeev <>
Subject ActiveMq 5.4 - Pending messages not delivered to listener after jvm restart.
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:29:07 GMT
I have a test program. Which posts two messages successively on a queue.
There is a listener on the queue which waits for 10 seconds after receiving
the first message.
Message are durable.

1)Program started.
2)Both the messages are posted to JMS provider and JMS provider sends the
first message to listener.
3)Listener receives the message and waits.
4)Now second message is not delivered to JMS listener as listener is already
busy, I shutdown the test program.
5)Second message is persisted in activemq_msgs table.
6)Remove the wait step from listener and disable message posting.
7)Now restart the test program. I see that the last undelivered message is
not sent to listener.

Could somebody help