activemq-users mailing list archives

From newbieSCS <>
Subject Re: How Can I Build ActiveMQ-CPP dynamically (dll) on CentOS 5.3 Virtual Machine?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 14:18:36 GMT
I downloaded the apache-activemq-5.5.0 and tried starting the activemq
executable in the bin directory.  I am getting this message:

INFO: Loading '/etc/default/activemq'
ERROR:  Configuration variable JAVA_HOME or JAVACMD is not defined
            (JAVA_HOME=' ' , JAVACMD='java')

I then checked the activemq config. file in /etc/default and I noticed that
JAVA_HOME was commented out and that JAVACMD="auto".

What should I do?