activemq-users mailing list archives

From <shaun.t.erick...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Shared directory Master/Slave - How do I tell?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:08:21 GMT
Thank you for your reply, Torsten.

I checked the logs and all three AMQs were, indeed, coming up as masters. The first one made
the lock file, and the other two either didn't see it or ignored it. The shared directory
was simply a directory on a fourth Windows server, that was shared out and pointed at, by
the other three. Apparently that doesn't support the locking correctly.

I've now been asked to set it up in a JDBC Master Slave configuration, pointing at an Oracle
database. I see that configuring the activemq-jdbc.xml file is easy and straightforward to
do. What I don't see documented, is how to put it into effect. To setup Shared Directory Master
Slave, I edited the persistenceAdapter found in activemq.xml. How do I tell AMQ that it should
be using the persistenceAdapter defined in activemq-jdbc.xml - simply comment out the persistenceAdapter
in activemq.xml?

Again, thanks, in advance, for your time.

-ste