activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <>
Subject Re: Is it possible to generate message-id before sending the JMS message?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:19:57 GMT

ok I see, but this is only possible if sending is done directly before
committing the database transaction. It wouldn't work so well if
sending was done "somewhere" during the process. I had hoped that I
could feed something along a UUID as the message ID and it would be
used then, but I can see how this would make certain things (like
duplicate detection, ...) a lot harder.

Thanks for your answer, anyways!

Best regards,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Gary Tully <> wrote:
> you would need to pass use your own message impl that extends
> ActiveMQMessage and override
> org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQMessage#onSend
> on that callback, you will have the messageId and be able to commit
> the db transaction. On return from that method the message will be
> sent.
> be sure and call super.onSend() though.
> On 22 September 2011 18:09, Martin C. <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to know the message ID of a message I am going to send before
>> actually sending it. Is this possible?
>> Reason is that I want to delay sending the JMS messages until my
>> database transaction has been comitted, but I already want to record
>> the message IDs as correlation IDs in exactly this database
>> transaction.
>> Best regards,
>> Martin
> --