activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slave not replicating consumption with Pure Master Slave
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 13:34:48 GMT
there are quite a few issues backing up against the pure master slave
(nothing shared) support, as a feature, it is not getting much love.
Most folks use a shared file system or shared db, so shared store
setup so that is where most of the work is focused.
A 2 broker network can give your producers some level of fault
tolerance, but total order of messages will be lost and any messages
pending on a failed broker will remain there till it is restarted.
Best a network of shared store master/slave pairs