activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not start connection when using jms.prefetchPolicy on failover protocol url
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:38:18 GMT
the prefetch on a network connector does not know about the load on
the remote broker. A network   connector is just another consumer, it
simply turns a message dispatch into a send to the remote broker. So
the only way to restrict the movement of messages across the network
would be producer flow control based on a memory limit on the remote
broker.

You can make network connectors have a lower priority,
decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority=true but if all local consumers are
busy, the lower priority network connector will get messages.

On 16 September 2011 15:58, Joe Smith <joesmithcomm@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> Yes, we saw in the debug logs that remote consumer and subscription are added to the
local broker.  We noticed the prefetch count was 1000, instead of 1 on the consumer's uri.
 We added the prefetchSize to the networkConnector, but still the same result.  When we
use consumers that consume messages quickly - the cluster load balanced evenly.  However,
when we made the processing from 1 to 20 secs (via a parameter in each message), the broker
where the producer is connected and when the consumer on that broker was busy already, the
broker seems to directed the message to the other brokers - even if the consumers on the other
brokers were busy/processing as well.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com