activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Locking & Shared File System Master Slave
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:26:10 GMT
For windows, I think you will have to ask the computer.

There is no magic in the code, it is a regular RandomAccessFile channel lock

see: org.apache.kahadb.util.LockFile#lock from:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/kahadb/src/main/java/org/apache/kahadb/util/LockFile.java?view=markup

On 29 September 2011 23:45,  <shaun.t.erickson@accenture.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to set up a 'Shared File System Master Slave'. I see that the documentation
makes it clear that on Linux, NFSv4 provides proper lock release in the event of the Master's
failure.

> What if all my AMQ instances are on Windows 2008 servers? Will a shared Windows directory
work? I don't know enough about the Windows filesystem to know if it will also provide the
proper locking and lock release needed for this setup.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com