activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local shared filesystem master slave with geo-redundant pure master slave
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:41:22 GMT
Thanks Torsten for reply and clarifications!

Obviously I didn't understand well the difference between master/slave
and network of brokers.

I think performance constraints are not too high, having HA is more
important - message received must be consumed if at least one broker &
consumer is running. Will check requirements and get back.

Regards,
Stevo.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Torsten Mielke <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:
>> Can failover protocol be used for network connectors?
>
> Yes, please see http://tmielke.blogspot.com/2011/09/activemq-network-bridge-to-masterslave.html
>
>> Can destinations and
>> messages be shared for HA across the geo-redundant nodes?
> Using a network connector you do not share messages between brokers but you allow messages
to travel between brokers.
> I.e. when a msg travels to a different broker it is deleted on the local broker. Msgs
only travel to remote brokers within a network of brokers, when there are consumers registered
on the remote broker.
> So this will not serve as a master/slave solution.
>
> Master / Slave is typically done on a shared resource (file system or database). This
will be difficult to setup between brokers on different geo locations.
> Pure master slave replicates everything but do you really want this over a WAN connection?
>
> Typically users set up master/slave on nodes within one geo location and connect geo
location using a network connector.