activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Troubles receiving a Message with a Selector
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:47:16 GMT

> I did call this code in a kind of stress test 5000 times!
>
> 4964 times the message was received,
> 26 times the message receive(25) delivered null

Was the message always available on the brokers queue when you called consumer.receive(25)?
Have you tried extending the timeout on receive() or putting a short sleep between sending
and consuming the msg?
Is it really related to using msg selectors?

I presume your broker is a separate JVM process. Even though ActiveMQ will only send back
a producer ack once it has persisted the msg (and hence has pretty much put it on the queue)
I still wonder if this is a timing issue. A short sleep between send and receive should confirm
or correct this.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com