activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steve Powell <spow...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: STOMP SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE behaviour
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:03:33 GMT
On 28 Sep 2011, at 20:40, tabish121@gmail.com [via ActiveMQ] wrote:
> Can you clarify what it is you want to know, the stomp spec defines this
> pretty clearly already, what part do you need help with?

Durable topic subscriptions are not described in the STOMP spec.
My questions relate to ActiveMQ/Apollo STOMP behaviour.

Specifically: if a SUBSCRIBE id:id01;destination:/topic/foo;persistent:true;; is issued
when an EXISTING global id:id01; destination:/topic/bah;persistent:true;; already exists,
what happens to active subscribers of the id01 subscription?

This is a repeat subscription with a different topic but the same id.

Also: if an UNSUBSCRIBE id:id01;persistent:true;; is issued what happens to existing
active subscribers of the durable subscription id01?

This is an UNSUBSCRIBE of a durable topic subscription

The STOMP spec is silent on all semantic issues and the ActiveMQ Apollo specification
seems to imply that the subscription is destroyed when the UNSUBSCRIBE is issued,
but it doesn't say what is supposed to happen when a distinct topic destination is
defined for an existing durable topic subscription.

Regards,
Steve Powell
[M: +44-7815-838-558; H:+44-1962-775-598]
Links: SpringSource (a division of VMware), Virgo, RabbitMQ.