activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Preferred config for 2-node network of brokers?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 07:32:05 GMT
If you want to achieve fault tolerance with failover, then master/slave is the way to go.
Using a network of brokers your clients can still failover to another broker instance in the
cluster but the state of each broker will not get replicated across your network. Every broker
will have its own state and clients that failover to a different broker instance in the network
might not receive all msgs.

Broker networks are rather used for load balancing and scaling and are not/less suitable for
fault tolerance and high availability.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com