activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Whaley <jasonwha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backlog data causes producers to slow down.
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 02:53:39 GMT
This should be fine.  By default this will use a store cursor which can handle the overflow
up to your storeLimit.  As long as you are using either a store cursor or file cursor you
can overflow messages on the broker to the message store or temp disk storage - just take
care to not use vm cursors for this scenario.  The producer flow control page has a small
section on using a file cursor, but more details on how this works can be found at http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html

If you still want producer flow control on, you may consider upping the memoryLimit on your
destinations.  Unless you explicitly specify it, the limit is 64 mb for both queues and topics
I believe.