activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alistair Young <alistair.yo...@uhi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Random persistent messages lost
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:13:04 GMT
I'm running ActiveMQ 5.5.0 as a spring webapp rather than the standalone version. Would you
recommend the standalone one? Not sure how to use camel with that though.

there's quite a high rate of packet loss on the network it seems and according to this:
http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html
the default is sync send for persistent messages outside transactions. I'm using transactions
on the broker but not the producer to preserve camel routes across restarts. So I presume
the producer is using sync mode to send the messages as they are persistent. However, no error
from the broker and no message arriving might hint at async mode falling foul of packet loss
perhaps?

I'll try this on the broker connection to see if it helps:

jms.useAsyncSend=false

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0

On 21 Sep 2011, at 13:02, Torsten Mielke wrote:

> What is the exact broker version used on your side?
> In case its not the latest released version, can you try the latest version?
>
> Do you set any particular headers on the Topic message in your producer?
>

> On Sep 21, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Alistair Young wrote:
>
>> I can't explain this at all. It's almost like the opposite of reliable messaging.
At times, almost 1 in 3 messages just disappears. No errors. The KahaDB/db-*.log show no record
of the message every arriving and yet the producer doesn't get an error.