activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alistair Young <alistair.yo...@uhi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Random persistent messages lost
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:50:37 GMT
nothing seems to help. There are still messages just disappearing. Also the logging doesn't
seem to log anything to do with producers:

<loggingBrokerPlugin logAll="true" logConnectionEvents="true" />

I can see lots of camel consumers from the local machine looking at the routes but nothing
about incoming messages from producers.

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0

On 21 Sep 2011, at 13:13, Alistair Young wrote:

> I'm running ActiveMQ 5.5.0 as a spring webapp rather than the standalone version. Would
you recommend the standalone one? Not sure how to use camel with that though.

> there's quite a high rate of packet loss on the network it seems and according to this:
> http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html
> the default is sync send for persistent messages outside transactions. I'm using transactions
on the broker but not the producer to preserve camel routes across restarts. So I presume
the producer is using sync mode to send the messages as they are persistent. However, no error
from the broker and no message arriving might hint at async mode falling foul of packet loss
perhaps?

> I'll try this on the broker connection to see if it helps:
>
> jms.useAsyncSend=false
>
> Alistair
>

> --
> mov eax,1
> mov ebx,0
> int 80h
>

> On 21 Sep 2011, at 13:02, Torsten Mielke wrote:
>
>> What is the exact broker version used on your side?
>> In case its not the latest released version, can you try the latest version?
>>
>> Do you set any particular headers on the Topic message in your producer?
>>

>> On Sep 21, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Alistair Young wrote:
>>
>>> I can't explain this at all. It's almost like the opposite of reliable messaging.
At times, almost 1 in 3 messages just disappears. No errors. The KahaDB/db-*.log show no record
of the message every arriving and yet the producer doesn't get an error.