activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject Reply:Re: Consumer wait for next batched messages for several seconds?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 02:47:39 GMT
Yes, messageListener of the only one consumer only prints the message on console .
The size of message is only 1kb.
Consumer and broker is in the same LAN(100m).
The consumer session is not transacted but I have set optimizeAcknowledge to be true.
The break when consumer wait for next buffered messages takes several seconds, this  isreasonable
or not?

At 2011-09-01 23:34:20,"Torsten Mielke" <torsten@fusesource.com> wrote:
>you quickly does the consumer process the 1000 msgs and how fast is the network between
broker and consumer?
>What's the size of the msg? Is the consumer session transacted?
>
>In general the broker can prefetch more msgs to your consumer once the consumer has acked
a few msgs. So the broker should try to keep the consumers prefetch full (assuming there are
more msgs on the queue to dispatch). The broker generally does not wait for all the 1000 msgs
to be acked, before dispatching more msgs.