activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How Can I Build ActiveMQ-CPP dynamically (dll) on CentOS 5.3 Virtual Machine?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:12:18 GMT
On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 09:29 -0700, newbieSCS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been given an assignment by my supervisor to develop a method for
> building the ActiveMQ CMS (ActiveMQ-CPP) dynamically (dll) using our CentOS
> 5.3 Virtual Machine as the environment.
>
> I've new to this and have never built .dll library files from a linux
> environment before.  Would I need to use any cross-compilers?  How can I
> change the makefiles in the linux version (activemq-cpp.tar.gz) to make the
> DLL in addition to the archive and shared object files?  What options can be
> used with the ./configure command to cause the makefiles created to make a
> DLL?
>
> This assignment needs to be completed by Oct. 12.

I'm assuming that by DLL you mean a shared library (a .so)?  If so then
this is already done by default using the standard build process for
ActiveMQ CPP.  When you run configure and do a make and then make
install a shared library and a static lib will be installed in the
prefix location (/usr/local by default).

Regards

--
Tim Bish