activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: STOMP NMS: cannot retrieve messages published from ruby
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:17:28 GMT
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 15:09 -0500, Victor Perez wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 11:41 -0500, Victor Perez wrote:
> > > We have a Ruby app publishing messages to ActiveMQ through STOMP. When I
> > use
> > > Apache.NMS.Stomp in .NET to consume the messages, they come in as
> > > IBytesMessage with no content.
> > >
> > > If I use NMS to publish a message, it can be consumed with no problems by
> > > our ruby, java and NMS (.NET) apps.
> > > When i publish the message from ruby, it can be consumed by ruby and java
> > > but not NMS.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Capturing the frame that the ruby client is sending would help, also
> > knowing what versions of AMQ and .NET client would be good.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Tim Bish
> > ------------
> > FuseSource
> > Email: tim.bish@fusesource.com
> > Web: http://fusesource.com
> > Twitter: tabish121
> > Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/
> >

> > AMQ server is 1.5.0
> .NET is 1.5.0 for Apache.NMS (from NuGet package) and 1.5.1 for
> Apache.NMS.Stomp (compiled from sources)
> I have no idea how to capture frames (wireshark?)
>
> I compiled trunk NMS and Stomp and got it to work with latest AMQ (5.5.0)
> running locally. Problem persists when using our production AMQ.
>
> Thanks

Have a look at the Stomp page at the ActiveMQ site, the debugging
section tells you how to enable logging for frames that are sent and
received.

http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html

Knowing what the Ruby client is sending to the broker and what the
broker is sending to NMS.Stomp would help to figure out why NMS isn't
giving you a valid message.

Regards

--
Tim Bish