activemq-users mailing list archives

From rpack78 <rp...@emortgagelogic.com>
Subject Re: Slow delivery of messages between 8KB and 23KB
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:27:01 GMT
I read about those items and checked out my configuration.  I don't have
anything in there that should cause this.  here's the section that defines
the flow control:

        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
              <policyEntries>
                <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false">
                  <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                    <vmCursor />
                  </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                </policyEntry>
                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false">

                </policyEntry>
              </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

I did however run some tests without using receipts and was able to do about
4000 messages per second in these message size ranges.  As soon as I enable
receiving of receipts, it goes back to 24 messages per second.  I'm using
the Net::STOMP::Client module.  The documentation says this about receipts:

"By default, you do not get any confirmation that the message has indeed
been received by the broker. If you want such a confirmation, you have to
use receipts. The following code snippet sends two messages with a receipt
header containing a pseudo-unique id and waits for matching RECEIPT frames
coming from the broker. This is easy because the Net::STOMP::Client module
keeps track of which receipts are expected and have not been received yet."

I am using the ack => 'client' parameter when subscribing to a queue.  Seems
like sending an ack would be sufficient, but apparently I also need to send
a receipt.