activemq-users mailing list archives

From rpack78 <rp...@emortgagelogic.com>
Subject Slow delivery of messages between 8KB and 23KB
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:42:02 GMT
I am bench marking ActiveMQ using Perl and Stomp+NIO.  I have setup 3 queues
and 4 topics, and am sending messages of increasing size to see what the
broker can handle.  The speed is really good up until 8KB, then it flatlines
to 24 messages per second.  It stays that low until the message size reaches
23KB, then the message rate picks back up.  Take a look at the graph I have
attached.  It's very strange but it happens each time I run the test.  Has
anyone seen this before?

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3824957/test_6_check_around_10K.png
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3824957/test_4_connect_once_w_auth_add_topics.png