activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Smith <joesmithc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Could not start connection when using jms.prefetchPolicy on failover protocol url
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:35:55 GMT
Hi Gary,

Thanks.  I tried the decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority - still the msgs were being routed to
the other 2 brokers.  I think the combination of a busy local consume with a low prefetchPolicy
may be forcing the messages to the other brokers.  I've also tried the TTL and round-robin
dispatch policy (to force an even distribution).  Producer sends to virutal topic, consumers
reads from Consumer.* queue.  But we still see the same behavior.  It could be that the
ack from the remote consumer to track the actual size of the remote prefetch buffer is not
in sync.  Sorry - don't know enough about the code to pin it down.

Thanks, again.

________________________________
From: Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com>
To: users@activemq.apache.org; Joe Smith <joesmithcomm@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: Could not start connection when using jms.prefetchPolicy on failover protocol
url

the prefetch on a network connector does not know about the load on
the remote broker. A network   connector is just another consumer, it
simply turns a message dispatch into a send to the remote broker. So
the only way to restrict the movement of messages across the network
would be producer flow control based on a memory limit on the remote
broker.

You can make network connectors have a lower priority,
decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority=true but if all local consumers are
busy, the lower priority network connector will get messages.