activemq-users mailing list archives

From suny_reddy <suneel.papin...@mettoni.com>
Subject TTL versus Persistent messages
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:02:26 GMT
Hi,

I am using latest versions ActiveMQ 5.6.0 Snapshot and ActiveMQ-CPP 3.4.0.

I am having a publisher and durable Subscriber applications. I am sending
persistent messages from publisher with Time-to-live as 1 day. As subscriber
is durable, whenever it is connected within 1day time period, it is
receiving messages. What will happen to the messages at server level after
delivered to subscriber? I am sure after TTL expired, messages are deleted,
but what happens if messages were delivered immediately. Logically as there
are no further subscribed durable consumers, messages should be deleted
after delivered even TTL is not expired right? Is it happening in the same
way.

Will any one of you please confirm me if it is happening in the same way or
Server waits until TTL expires and then deletes messages irrespective of
durable subscriber/s.

Thanks & Regards
Suneel