activemq-users mailing list archives

From billy <>
Subject Re: Log4j SMTPAppender not working within ActiveMQ-Camel
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:44:53 GMT
My problem was that I didn't realize the SMTPAppender only sends an email
when an ERROR level event occurs.  I set the SMTP threshold to WARN in my file.  In my Java test file I did the following:"info message");
  log.warn("warn message");
  log.error("error message");
I received one email that showed both the warn and error messages and I
incorrectly assumed that it would log warnings only and didn't realize that
the error event was the actual trigger.

I did some more searching on the internet and found this article SMTPAppender
Usage  and I saw ewalker talking about the evaluationClass.

I set up my own evaluationClass and now everything works!