activemq-users mailing list archives

From billy <>
Subject Re: Log4j SMTPAppender not working within ActiveMQ-Camel
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:15:15 GMT
First, I want to thank you for you assistance.  This problem is a little more
involved than I was hoping for.

I set log4j.appender.MAIL.SMTPDebug=true and restarting AMQ per your
suggestion and didn't see any debug message to stdout.  I thought it might
be that ActiveMQ wasn't finding the files, but I changed
root logging level from INFO to DEBUG and the console messages changed
appropriately; therefore, AMQ can see the file.

I wrote a simple java routine using the same SMTPAppender and same library
jar files that AMQ uses.  The java program is on the same machine as AMQ and
it's SMTPAppender works, so I don't understand how it might be a relay
permissions or ports problem.

Any other ideas?