activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ravi Julapalli <jula...@yahoo.com>
Subject STOMP Vs RESTful to consume incoming messages
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:10:19 GMT
Hi,
I am working on a new project that requires us to consume incoming messages over ActiveMQ
The application consuming messages is a web app built in PHP.

The recommendation of our solutions architect is to use STOMP for retrieving messages.
I read through docs and understand that ActiveMQ does provide REST interfaces to consume messages.
However I am not fully sure of what advantages REST might have over STOMP and vice versa.

I will greatly appreciate if someone can provide a bit more information for us to be able
to make a informed decision.

best regards,
Ravi