activemq-users mailing list archives

From oseymen <>
Subject Re: Network of Brokers - Duplicate message add attempt rejected
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:17:55 GMT
Hi Gary,

I downloaded the source, compiled and ran the test - indeed it works
perfectly fine. In order to understand where the problem is, I started to
make changes one at a time:

1. I replaced HUB with a clean deployment of AMQ 5.5 on a remote virtual
machine - no modifications to activemq.xml. So SPOKE is running locally in
the unit test and HUB is a physical broker. The only reason I did this is to
start/stop network myself as well (together with SocketProxy).
2. Made necessary (simple) changes to attached classes in order to bridge
SPOKE with new-HUB.

Test always runs successfully when I am using SocketProxy alone. However
when I start/stop the network manually as the test is running, I see two
different results:

IF ConnectionFactory.AlwaysSyncSend is true, duplicate messages are reported
on the HUB.
IF ConnectionFactory.AlwaysSyncSend is false, number of messages that arrive
in the HUB are less than number of messages sent.

The windows commands I use to start/stop network are:
netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" DISABLED
netsh interface set interface "Local Area Connection" ENABLED

I have no idea why I don't get the same results with SocketProxy but I can
reproduce this whenever I run the test and play with network.

I am attaching the test files that I modified here for your perusal. My
changes are really simple and only to bridge a physical broker with internal
SPOKE. I am happy to provide any other information you require or try any
setting you suggest.