activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Ivanisevic <aleksan...@ivanisevic.de>
Subject Re: request / response with REST and STOMP
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:35:58 GMT
jmls <julian+activemq@dotr.com> writes:

> I have two clients, a REST and a STOMP. The rest client needs to send a
> request to activemq and wait for a response from the stomp client
>
> Does anyone have any clue on how to do this ? I really don't want to have a
> JMS client in the picture.

It doesn't really depend on transport mechanism, the pattern is
alwways the same message-response pattern:

Producer sends a message with a reply-to: /temp-queue/anyname and
subscribes to it in the same session and waits for a reply.

Consumer will get a random queue name in a reply-to: header and all it
needs to do is to send a reply to it and producer will get it.