activemq-users mailing list archives

From kaustubh khasnis <kaustubh.khas...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ overriding/disabling message cursor
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:40:12 GMT
Hi,
Is there any way in activeMQ to disable the message cursor for non-durable
subscribers. My use case is like: the messages should always be persistent
and will have both durable and non-durable subscribers to it. In case
durable subscriber is faster than non-durable subscriber , MQ will still
keep on holding message for non-durable subscriber and after consumed by him
, delete them. Instead I want non-durable subscriber to get latest available
message which means dropping some messages. As far as I understand in case
consumer is not catching up, MQ maintains a cursor for it, which clearly I
dont want in my use case in case of non-durable consumer. how do I achieve
that??

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my understanding.

Thanks and regards
Kaustubh