activemq-users mailing list archives

From dcheckoway <dchecko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence enabled/disabled on a per-destination basis?
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:24:51 GMT
Thanks Reynald.  Since I'm using Camel, it looks like I would probably want
to set preserveMessageQos=true on the endpoint URI to which my producer's is
sending messages...and then it sounds like I can set the JMSDeliveryMode
header (on the Camel Exchange) to "NON_PERSISTENT" (or maybe its
corresponding integer value 1...need to figure that out).

If anybody out there has done this before, I'll take any and all advice for
the best config.

Thanks!

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Reynald Borer-2 [via ActiveMQ] <
ml-node+3774354-471900541-140184@n4.nabble.com> wrote:

>  Hi Dan,
>
> Yes, that's doable, not on a destination basis, but for each message. It
> means that its the client responsibility to decide whether a message should
> be persisted to disk by the broker or not depending on the destination of
> the message.
>
> Check Message.setJMSDeliveryMode() [1] and DeliveryMode [2] from the
> official JMS API documentation.
>
> Best regards,
> Reynald Borer
>
> Links:
> - [1]:
> http://download.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/api/javax/jms/Message.html#setJMSDeliveryMode(int)
>
> - [2]:
> http://download.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/api/javax/jms/DeliveryMode.html
>

> On Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 14:45 , dcheckoway wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to enable/disable persistence on a per-destination basis?
> For
> > example, I want queue A (can't afford to lose these messages) to have
> > persistence enabled, but I want queue B (not the end of the world if
> there's
> > some message loss) to have persistence disabled.
> >
> > Doable?
> >
> > -----
> > Dan Checkoway
> > dcheckoway gmail com