activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steve Weet <stevew...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems understanding redelivery
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:36:06 GMT
I am reading the ActiveMQ Redelivery policy documentation http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html
and this states that :-

Messages are redelivered to a client when any of the following occurs:
A transacted session is used and rollback() is called.
A transacted session is closed before commit is called.
A session is using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE and Session.recover() is called.

I have the following questions about the above.

1) What is it that defines a session as transacted? Is it a flag used when opening the session
or is it simply the fact that you have called beginTransaction() on the session.
2) Where within the session do you specify if you are using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE or some form
of Automatic Acknowledgement?
3) When I connect to the admin console  should I expect to see a DeadLetter Queue within my
broker?

Sorry if these are noob questions but I am experiencing some major issues with our ActiveMQ
instance that I am trying to understand.

Thanks in advance

Steve