activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Niski <>
Subject Re: Running multiple activemq instances on the same server
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 22:44:27 GMT
Here's the top of my activemq.xml:

<beans xmlns=""

<property name="locations">

As you can see, i'm using Spring, in our case because we're driving
Camel routing configurations via imported xml files, too.

Here's a an example of using property placeholders from further down the
file, standard Spring:

<managementContext createConnector="true"

and another:

<!-- by convention we use 51616 and 51617 (for ssl) so as not to
conflict with Geronimo's embedded ActiveMQ defaults (61616 & 61617) -->
<transportConnector name="openwire"
<transportConnector name="ssl" uri="ssl://${remote_sslPortNumber}"/>

i hope this helps,

*Joe Niski*
Senior Developer - Information Services  |  NWEA™

PHONE 503.548.5207 | FAX 503.639.7873

NWEA.ORG <> | Partnering to help all kids learn™

On 08/24/2011 11:44 AM, papa nagy wrote:
> "we've externalized a lot of parameter values into properties file and
> use Spring's PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer in our xml"
> this is what i am trying to do, unfortunately using xbean<broker>  tags,
> the spring placeholder are ignored. i want to run multiple "embedded"
> brokers with tomcat using different ports for each instance. could you
> post your broker configuration with the spring property placeholders?

View raw message