activemq-users mailing list archives

From Don Santillan <donzym...@gmail.com>
Subject Consumer count question
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:26:50 GMT
Hello,

I'm just curious on the consumer count I'm getting using the statistics
plugin. I use the plugin to get some statistics like the number of
consumers bound to a queue and a broker.

I am setting a queue to have 10 consumers. Getting the queue and broker
statistics, I get 10 consumers coming from the queue and 24 consumers
coming from the broker.

When I increase the number of consumers bound to the queue, like 100
consumers, I get 100 consumers in the queue and 204 consumers in the
broker using the statistics plugin. Why is this happening? Why is the
consumer doubled in the broker consumer count?

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.5.0 by the way

-don