activemq-users mailing list archives

From waltpc <walter.p.closenflei...@gmail.com>
Subject Spring/Tomcat/multiple webapps question
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:56:41 GMT
Our group has multiple projects/wars to deploy to a tomcat install. We want a
single ActiveMQ install with a couple of queues set up in it. Submissions to
the queues will come from the various projects.

Deploying the ActiveMQ web console appears to automatically start the broker
up, but it shouldn't necessarily be required to run ActiveMQ. In fact, the
ActiveMQ Manning book doesn't even really mention the web console.

Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how the queue setup should work. Should I
develop a separate project/war which manages the broker startup and other
configuration issues and then have each Spring project submit to the
brokerURL independently?