activemq-users mailing list archives

From ashish <ashishdhawan...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC Master/Slave - Workaround for the issue due to which master broker does not release lock
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:38:15 GMT
Hi,

I observed that there is an issue with the JDBC master/slave configuration
wherein the master broker does not release the DB lock if the master broker
loses DB connectivity. Due to this the slave does not become the master and
when the master is restarted, it too does not become the master.

There is an issue logged for this in jira:

I wanted to check if there are any workarounds for this issue?

Can a custom database locking logic be plugged into ActiveMQ? I observed
that the JDBCPersistenceAdapter bean has a databaseLocker attribute. Could
this be used to plug-in a customized db locking code?

-Ashish