activemq-users mailing list archives

From softweave <ja...@softweave.com>
Subject xa transaction times double with no share master/slave ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:30:11 GMT
We have a web application publishing persistent messages to a virtual topic
within XA transactions. Message listeners remove messages from their queues
almost as soon as they arrive. We're running ActiveMQ 5.4.2 using KahaDB
persistence.

The system performs well under varying simulated user loads running against
a single ActiveMQ broker. Running against  a no share master/slave broker
configuration, transaction times increase by 2 seconds after doubling the
number of users.

We've been unsuccessful at profiling the master and slave brokers using
Wylie to find where the extra time is being spent. There are so many threads
active for so many classes that I don't know where to start.

Any suggestions for how to approach this problem?