activemq-users mailing list archives

From pol_ice <>
Subject Restarting ActiveMq removes/cleans all persisted messages/queues/topics
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 23:16:57 GMT
Hi there,

I am experiencing problem with activemq restarting. Whenever it is restarted
no messages, queues or topics remain.
I an using ms sql server for persistence and I see all messages successfully
saved in db, after the activemq service is restarted - number of messaged in
db remains to be the same - but admin panel shows nothing - meaning there
are no messages or queues previously created.

I saw a number of questions about it in the forum, but none of them helped.

Here is my activemq settings file:

        <property name="locations">

	<bean id="mssql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
        <property name="driverClassName"
        <property name="url"
        <property name="username" value="sa"/>
        <property name="password" value="pass"/>
    <broker xmlns=""
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
destroyApplicationContextOnStop="true" useJmx="true" persistent="true"

                </policyEntry -->
				<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="1mb"
expireMessagesPeriod="100000" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
						<individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
useQueueForTopicMessages="true" useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
processExpired="false" processNonPersistent="false"/>
            			<managementContext connectorPort="11099"
rmiServerPort="11119" jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
            <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mssql-ds"
                    <memoryUsage limit="1mb"/>
                    <storeUsage limit="20 gb"/>
                    <tempUsage limit="1 gb"/>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://"/>

    <import resource="jetty.xml"/>

I have read that camel can clear the messages, so I have commented it out in
jetty.xml as well, but since no queues remain after restart I believe it is
not that messages were dequeued, but something is clearing the whole
topic/queue structure upon activemq restart.

Any clues? It is required if messages were enqueued, they are still
available for consumers if activemq service is restarted.