activemq-users mailing list archives

From srikanth reddy <>
Subject How to reattempt individual message
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:19:32 GMT

I am implementing ActiveMQ Middleware using Queue based JMS .
I am facing individual message  Rollback issue from last few days

There are multiple message posted to my activemq and one i start activemq my
session starts reading messages.I am using individual message acknowledgement.
i.e  qConnection.createQueueSession(false,

Once i receive message in my message listener i am sending message to child
thread and processing message there and processing is completed i am sending

But problem here is if any exception comes in middle of my message i want to
reattempt for that specific message.

I have tryed session.recover here but its recovering all messages on that
session which is wrong

Please look into my message consumer and listener
           Consumer class outline
public  QueueSession session = null;
public QueueConnection qConnection = null;
 	qConnection = connectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
        session = qConnection.createQueueSession(false,
        QueueReceiver _receiver =

       //my message listener
 	public void onMessage(Message message)  {
                //starting chaild thread etc
                } else {
  //want to roll back/reattempt specific message

Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth Reddy

View raw message